- ½ small brown onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped, fresh ginger
- 300g chicken mince
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- ¾ cup quinoa flakes
- 1-2 eggs, depending on the size
For the rice:
- 1 cup Sunrice Brown Rice and Quinoa mix, cooked
- 2 tbs Soy sauce
- ½ Fresh lime
- Roughly beat egg in a bowl until combined (two small eggs or one large).
- Add teriyaki and fish sauce to the eggs.
- In another bowl, add the garlic, onion and ginger to the chicken mince, mix to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the chicken mince.
- Once the mix mince is combined, fold through quinoa flakes. The flakes will absorb some of the liquid but it is fine if it’s still particularly runny, it will come together well when cooked.
- For the rice/quinoa mix, combine cooked rice with soy sauce and lime juice to taste. Serve with chicken patties and freshly steamed brocollini.
* Brown rice and quinoa mix can be found in your major supermarkets in the same aisle as the rice.
Serves 4 – 1 serve includes ½ c quinoa and brown rice mix.