1 ½ avocados (Hass is best)
125 g dark chocolate*
½ cup lite coconut cream
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp. honey or agave syrup
- Over a saucepan of water, in a bowl, melt the dark chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is just about melted, add the coconut cream, stirring well until all mixed in.
- Once combined, remove the chocolate and coconut cream mixture from the heat and leave aside to cool.
- In a food processor, place the remaining ingredients- avocados, vanilla extract, salt and honey/agave syrup.
- Once the chocolate and coconut cream mixture has cooled off, add to the food processor and blend until all ingredients are well combine and the mixture has a smooth silky consistency.
- Pour into individual dishes and leave to cool in the fridge for at least an hour, serve chilled with berries, figs, vanilla yoghurt or whatever takes your fancy!
* Try and use good quality dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids, such chocolate has much less added sugar and fat used to alter the flavour the closer it becomes to milk chocolate.