1 ½ cups dates, chopped
100g coconut oil
100g brown sugar
120g almond meal
30g rolled oats
25g flaked almonds
20g pumpkin seeds
15g quinoa flakes
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line a 20cm x 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Melt coconut oil and brown sugar until liquid. Add dates and stir over a moderate heat until dates begin to soften.
- Take date mix off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, stir through almond meal.
- Fold beaten egg through date and almond meal mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flaked almonds, pumpkin seeds and quinoa flakes. Add to date and almond meal, folding through until combined.
- Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
NB: dates are naturally quite sweet so you could omit the brown sugar if you wanted! Feel free to experiment with different types of seeds and nuts.