- 220g pearl barley
- 55g toasted pine nuts
- 80g feta
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 250g grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 75g wild rocket
Lemon and Basil Dressing
- 1/3 cup of Australian Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice, keep flesh for chicken
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs finely chopped basil leaves
- In a saucepan, cover barley with 6 cups of water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 25 minutes or until just tender.
- When tender, pour barley into a sieve to drain, then rinse the barley under cold water until water runs clear and the barley has cooled.
- Lightly toast pine nuts, when toasted remove from heat and from fry pan as the pine nuts will continue to cook.
- Rub chicken with lemons and grill until tender and cooked through.
- To make the dressing, mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Place barley in a large bowl; combine with pine nuts, olives, tomatoes, baby spinach and rocket.
- Once chicken is cooked, leave to cool until it’s able to be handled, slice into strips and add to barley mix.
- Add dressing, crumble feta over and toss to combine.
Serves 4 generous portions.