50g desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
30g cacao powder
50g almond meal
2 Tbspn cacao nibs
2-3 tbspn hot water
+/- 60g WPI
- Place dates in a blender or chop until finely sliced.
- Add all ingredients except water in a large mixing bowl, kneading until combined. I like to wear gloves for this step as less mixture sticks to the gloves and it’s more hygienic given it’s a raw, no bake food product. For a higher protein ball, add 60g of WPI at this step.
- Once mixture is even, add 2 tablespoons of hot water and knead again until combined. Try rolling mixture into a ball, if they mixture does not stick together, add another tablespoon of water and knead through evenly. Try not to add too much water, as this will make the balls too soft.
- Once you have combined the mixture evenly and are happy with the texture, roll into even sized balls about two-thirds the size of a golf ball.
- Finally, add extra coconut to a small bowl, roll energy boost balls in the mixture until coated and store in a sealable container in the fridge.