1 sml, raw beetroot
1 cup Organic virgin unrefined coconut oil
5 cup of desiccated coconut
2/3 Rice Malt Syrup
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups unsalted, natural macadamias
Gloves for handling the beetroot and mixing
1/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt, the thicker the better
2 ½ cups of icing sugar mixture, sifted
2 teaspoons, lemon juice
- Process beetroot in a food processor into a fine consistency, this will provide the intense pink colour for the base.
- Add the macadamias to the food processor and bring to the same consistency as the beetroot.
- Transfer macadamia and beetroot mix to a large bowl, add half the desiccated coconut, the coconut oil vanilla essence and malt syrup.
- With your gloves on, use your hands to fold through the coconut with the wet mix.
- Once the mixture has started to come together add the remaining desiccated coconut and continue to combine until the colour and consistency is evenly distributed.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper, spread the mixture evenly in the tin and refrigerate until set, at least an hour.
- Now for the icing, combine the Greek yoghurt, icing sugar, lemon juice in a yoghurt bowl and mix until it is smooth and fully combined.
- Spread evenly over the chilled pink base, sprinkle with extra coconut if desired. Refrigerate again until set, again at least for an hour.
- When set, cut into bite size pieces or use cookie cutters for particular shapes.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.