1 cup low fat shredded cheese
6 eggs, beaten
1.5 cups almond meal
¼ c melted coconut oil (you could also use Olive/Rice Bran/Sunflower Oil but I prefer the taste of coconut oil)
1.5-2 cups of roasted Kent pumpkin, cut into small pieces ( I roast mine skin and all!)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line 2 x muffin trays with baking paper or muffin cases.
- Beat the eggs to a combined consistency then stir through the shredded cheese, almond meal and coconut oil.
- Once combined add the rosemary, baking powder and garlic and season with salt and pepper, mix together.
- Lastly, stir through the pumpkin gently so as not to squash it into the mixture too much.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin trays and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
These muffins will keep in the fridge safely in a container for about 4 days, I like to do up a batch and freeze them to take to work for a snack or as a side to my salad for lunch (they freeze and reheat really well).